About Me

My photo
Des Moines, WA, United States
Community engaged photographer, parent, partner, and more. This blog started out as a backup way to share photos and stories when my web masters and mistresses happened to be maintaining my website.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Spontaneous visit to Ti'Swaq aka Mt. Rainier

With Vance out of town and Truman hanging out with his buddies, Kim and I had some time to cruise. She'd been wanting to go up to Mt. Rainier (Ti'Swaq) for some time. So, we dropped Chuva off at Airpet Hotel so she could play with her canine buddies, picked up some sub sandwiches, fueled up, and were on our way. She was excited to use one of my old German cameras, but quickly got bored when I loaded some black and white film AND she couldn't see the results (thinking about a temporary darkroom for a more tactile experience).
Kim was excited to take off down the trail from Narada Falls, which made me a little anxious, because we kept going DOWN. Finally, we turned around and headed back UP the trail. After a while, she said, "I was in a good mood when we were going down..." lol As we got closer to the bottom viewpoint of Narada Falls, she then said, something like "[Hiking is like sugar. Going downhill is like the sugar high, going back up like when you are coming down from sugar]"
Posted by Picasa